Aluminum eccentric nose
Designed for applications in wells with demanding formations. Eccentric shape allows casing to slide and overcome ledges, passing obstructions. Guide shoes with eccentric noses are recommended to be used with rotating systems and/or traditional system of running casing (no rotation).
- integrally-machined from high-alloy aluminum
- left-handed threading connection to the casing shoe ensures greater bond and fast drill-out
- side ports facilitates cuttings removal and clean-out of hole
- resistant to high side loads
- no side ports and/or no main port - helps keep debris away from getting inside of the casing
Shoes and couplings are usually used in the lower interval of the well and provide a reduction in the load on the mast when running the casing through zones with ledges and collapses in the wellbore, as well as landing sites for the lower and upper cementing plug. The back pressure valve prevents fluid from flowing into the casing when the pipe is lowered into the well and prevents cement entry back into the casing after injection, while allowing circulation through the casing.