Aluminum bullet nose
Recommended for running in wells with obstructions and/or swelling formations.
- integrally-machined from high-alloy aluminum
- left-handed threading connection to the casing shoe ensures greater bond and fast drill-out
- side ports facilitates cuttings removal and clean-out of hole
- central port reduces pressure drop
- no side ports and/or no main port - helps keep debris away from getting inside of the casing
Shoes and couplings are usually used in the lower interval of the well and provide a reduction in the load on the mast when running the casing through zones with ledges and collapses in the wellbore, as well as landing sites for the lower and upper cementing plug. The back pressure valve prevents fluid from flowing into the casing when the pipe is lowered into the well and prevents cement entry back into the casing after injection, while allowing circulation through the casing.