Centralizers have been long and successfully used in the well construction.
- Ultra-strong welded seams – the centralizer does not collapse even at very high loads.
- A standard bow for our centralizers are designed to have along their length variable coefficient of stiffness - ultimate strength vs. stand-off properties.
- Bows cross-section is given a concave shape, to facilitate centralization and placement against wellbore wall – eliminates the risks associated with wall friction and/or wall biting when centralizer passes caving formation.
- Centralizer collar has a radial lip along the length of circumference - running in of a casing causes no additional drag forces, centralizer doesn’t bite into formation, bypasses ledges and obstructions in an open hole.
- Nord centralizer is designed to provide identical bilateral running forces during reciprocating - no additional drag forces result when tripping in /pulling back thus less risk of casing break off.
- Nord bow spring centralizer has been designed to enhance pipe rotation and reciprocation (requires installation of stop collar Model N11 or N15).
- Nord Centralizer is shaped to provide no additional drag when running in hole (zero starting forces).
- Bows of semi-positive Nord centralizers /models N105 and N110/ combine properties of two types of centralizers: bow-spring centralizer - bow compressed under 67%; and positive centralizer - bow compressed above 67%.
- Nord bow spring restoring forces – x 1,5 times higher than standard required by API 10D.
- Starting forces and running forces – x 2 times lower than standard required by API 10D.
- Robustness of weld joints exceeds joint strength of bonding parts.
- Design of hinged joints shows the strength comparable to weld joints and that exceeds the material strength by a factor of x 1,5.
NORD centralizers pdf6MB
Everything about the production of NORD centralizers and their design features.
A centralizer – just another component we might consider insignificant when planning a well, but make no mistake, thanks to the proper centralization of the casing in a well, we achieve higher rates of production, increase life-time of a well and reduce the risk of unexpected accident on a rig